Ralph Edwin Villanueva – The Philippine Star
MANILA, Philippines — Two-time Olympian Eumir Marcial will be back in the ring next month, joining former world champions Jerwin Ancajas and Mark Magsayo in the undercard of Manny Pacquiao’s fight against Mario Barrios in Las Vegas on July 19.
According to MP Promotions president Sean Gibbons, Marcial will face American Alexis Gaytan in an eight-round middleweight non-title bout.
“Ever since I started boxing, the reason I started I was so inspired by Manny Pacquiao as a kid when I watched him fighting on TV. It was my dream to always fight along and eventually and to be on a card with Manny Pacquiao,” the 29-year-old Tokyo Olympics bronze medalist said.
The 29-year-old Marcial is holding an undefeated record in professional boxing with five wins. He has knocked out three of his opponents, including Thoedsak Sinam during their fight back in Manila last year.
But it will not be easy against Gaytan, who holds a 17-10 record with six knockouts.
Viva Promotions, owned by Gibbons’ son Brendan, said Ancajas, former IBF junior-bantamweight champion, and Magsayo, who once held the WBC featherweight crown, will also be in the undercard of the Pacquiao fight.
Source : https://www.philstar.com/sports/2025/06/07/2448751/pacquiao-eyes-marcial-ancajas-magsayo-undercard